Sr. Manager, Communications/Public Relations - Remote
About the Job
Join a 35 billion dollar industry leader! When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. Our staff members are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We seek individuals with proven competencies and strong character to help lead our organization now and into the future.
The Sr. Manager, Communications/Public Relations Manager will own the day-to-day public relations efforts for the Biosciences division and implement a critical communications initiative crafted to position Thermo Fisher as an industry leader and innovator. The Sr. Manager will help lead outside agencies to support the development and execution of a communications plan in alignment with business objectives.
- Develop and lead an essential communications plan to build high-level awareness among key audiences through earned, owned and paid media.
- Prepare company spokespeople for interviews and assist with media training when necessary.
- Develop, write and/or approve relevant content, including but not limited to press releases, talking points and social media.
- Build and foster collaborative relationships within the organization to stay informed and abreast of new initiatives, products, and services.
- Monitor media coverage and identify opportunities to participate in industry dialogue.
- Coordinate media briefings and press conferences at trade shows and other public forums.
- Work in partnership with communications team partners to share stories and content internally
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or journalism.
- A minimum of 8 years of communications experience, preferably in a publicly traded company
- Familiarity with social media trends and measurement platforms.
- Strong eye for business and an ability to clearly communicate complicated scientific concepts in simple terms.
- A background in science communications is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills - supported by a strong attention to detail.
- Unquestionable dedication to business ethics and personal integrity.
- A self-starter with analytical astuteness and a high ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Outstanding written, oral, inter-personal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with senior management.
- Some travel to trade shows
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $35 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 90,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.