Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, has an opening for a Senior Lab Technician to perform a variety of routine laboratory operations in the Customer Analytical, Deposit Analysis group. Our team fully characterizes solid deposits from customer processes so a suitable treatment program can be identified. We are seeking a lab technician who will help to identify solid deposits by performing a variety of gravimetric experiments using standard laboratory equipment. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering competitive base rates and benefits.
What’s in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
- Execute a variety of standard laboratory tasks, including logging samples, performing gravimetric analyses, and operating instruments such as a gas chromatograph (GC) and accelerated solvent extractor (ASE).
- Work to become the team expert in gravimetric, GC and ASE methods, and as your skills grow, expand to additional instruments and analyses
- Maintain equipment in an operating condition and order supplies and service as needed
- Collaborate effectively with teammates to complete interdependent tasks in a timely manner and take part in troubleshooting experimental challenges
- Record and maintain results consistently and accurately in a computer database
- Work in a safe manner to complete all designated experiments
- Become involved as needed in projects including method improvements, costs savings, etc.
- Associate degree or equivalent years of experience
- 1 year of experience working in a lab environment
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role.
- B.A./B.S. Degree
Knowledge of laboratory practices, scientific terminology, and the characterization of materials used in routine and special procedures
Experience working with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
A high attention to detail and quality in results
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to multi-task and work independently.
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Click here to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
Covid-19 Vaccine Notice
Due to local mandates and customer requirements, applicants for certain customer-facing positions must be fully vaccinated (which in some situations requires a booster if eligible), unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab. You will be asked for proof of your vaccination status. All applicants should be aware that Ecolab is a federal contractor. If the federal contractor vaccine mandate is reinstated in its current form, all Ecolab employees will need to be vaccinated, or have an approved religious or medical accommodation in place.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolab will provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with our application process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require accommodation assistance in this application process, please call Ecolab Recruiting Support at (866) 841-6682 for assistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.