Sign on Bonus $1,500 Warehouse worker II - Weekend Shift (F/S/S)-Ecommerce-Electric Pallet Jack ($17.25/hourly)
About the Job
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
- Facilitate the timely and accurate preparation of merchandise to be shipped to the PETCO stores by receiving, moving and stocking warehouse goods.
- This job is composed of several tasks that are generally routine in nature and are repeated several times during the course of the day. This is a safety sensitive position that requires drug testing.
Essential Job Functions:
Through previous background and experience, the candidate must demonstrate, with or without an accommodation, the ability to:
- Operate forklift equipment including pallet jacks, standup lifts and turret trucks.
- Repetitively lift merchandise up to 50 pounds.
- May use hand-held computer to scan merchandise bar codes
- May operate computerized pick-module
Although this position generally does not entail supervising other employees, management may on occasion delegate additional responsibility to include providing functional guidance to others.
In addition to extensive bending, carrying, lifting (in excess of 50 pounds routinely), and climbing, the nature of this position entails constant exposure to heat, cold, dirt, dust, fumes, and noise within the warehouse. While some job duties may occasionally be conducted outdoors, the majority of work is performed indoors at one location. Risk of injury in this type of work should not be overlooked.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.