Senior Trust Real Estate Advisor
About the Job
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Trust Real Estate Advisor within PNC's Asset Management organization, you can be based in Jacksonville, Palm Beach Gardens, Vero Beach, Fort Lauderdale, FL or Birmingham, AL.
- Manages all assigned trust owned real estate assets, which may include very complex residential, rental, commercial, farmland and timber properties as well as oil, gas and mineral interests. Responsible for identifying, mitigating and escalating risk while acquiring, preserving and managing these properties.
- Complies with the banks policies and procedures for consistent management of real estate activities in alignment with the banks fiduciary policies and procedures, to include such activities as: real estate purchases, sales, leases, negotiations, general property management, safekeeping, disposition/productivity analysis, bill payments, tax and insurance enforcement and the hiring of contractors and agents.
- Collaborates with AMG Fiduciary Counsel and Market Fiduciary Advisors and Directors as necessary to ensure risks are appropriately analyzed, managed, escalated and resolved.
- Responsible for assessing risk and making recommendations to accept, retain or sell assets. Conducts annual reviews. Presents recommendations to Real Estate Trust Investment Committee and/or Special Assets Committee, according to committee guidelines.
- Preserves and manages assigned physical properties. Determines need for property improvements. Coordinates the hiring of professionals as needed for maintenance and upkeep of the property. Ensures all properties are adequately inspected, valued and insured; ensures all taxes, insurance premiums and property related expenses are timely paid and kept current.
- Oversees all activities necessary to purchase or sell a property. Determines if capital improvements are necessary. Assesses risk of transaction. Presents recommendations to Real Estate Trust Investment Committee or and/or Special Assets Committee. Coordinates with internal partners and external service providers to ensure a smooth and accurate transfer of ownership.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAccuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.Effectiveness Measurement – Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.Lease and Property Management - Real Estate – Knowledge of, and ability to manage a portfolio of properties, perform direct buying, selling, renting and leasing of properties in a portfolio, and provide maintenance related services for managed properties.Operational Functions – Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Operational Risk – Knowledge of policies and processes for operational risk management; ability to use tools, data, and best practices to identify, assess, and manage operational risk exposures.Planning: Tactical, Strategic – Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.Real Estate Property Data Analysis – Knowledge of and ability to utilize diverse data analysis processes, techniques and tools in order to analyze, interpret and manage property related data.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.