Senior Technical Training Specialist - Molecular
About the Job
About One Lambda
The Transplant Diagnostics division (TDX), also known as One Lambda a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the worldwide leader in HLA typing and antibody detection assays and is known for its commitment to quality, service and innovation. Founded in 1984 by Dr. Paul Terasaki, a pre-eminent researcher in the field of transplantation, One Lambda is a pioneer in transplant diagnostics. One Lambda’s tests are used by transplant centers for tissue typing, primarily to determine the compatibility of donors and recipients pre-transplant, and to detect the presence of antibodies that can lead to transplant rejection. One Lambda develops and distributes several lines of HLA typing and antibody detection tests utilizing serological, molecular, ELISA, Flow and Luminex® XMAP® technologies. In addition, One Lambda also manufactures laboratory instrumentation and computer software that are used to simplify and automate testing procedures and final test evaluations.
How will you make an impact:
The Technical Training Specialist, Molecular is the product family SME and responsible for the creation of state-of-the-art educational content, layout and setup for technical trainings delivered to our customers, Channel Partners and employees virtually or in-person. She/He will facilitate the cooperation with different stakeholders to integrate self-paced eLearning and Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality into our current training strategies. This individual will develop a deep understanding of all OLI non-NGS molecular products to support the Sales and Technical Support activities for achieving annual revenue targets, including travel to customer sites if requested.
The successful candidate will cooperate closely with business colleagues including Managers from Technical Support, Software Development, Reagent R&D, Field Applications Scientists, and Marketing.
What will you do:
- Develop and deliver content at technical training programs for customers, channel partners, and new Sales/FAS hires as it pertains to non-NGS molecular product families either virtually or in-person.
- Develop competency models and/or certification programs to ensure product proficiency.
- Adapt to changes in technology; work independently and as a team member; establish and maintain cooperative and collaborative working relationships with all Thermo Fisher functions including Sales, Marketing, R&D, Technical Support, and Field Applications Scientists.
- Collaborate with R&D and Marketing to ensure course content is accurate, relevant, consistent with required workflows, and up to date with product specifications.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on all non-NGS products and provide technical input on workflow or analysis data sets presented from the field. Funnel all potential product performance issues through the Customer Inquiry process and OLI QMS.
- Facilitate strategy for online training materials including interactive self-paced eLearning courses, videos, online assessments, job aids, and virtual/remote live or recorded instructor-led programs.
- Ensure that all required employee training and certification is communicated, launched, and passing scores are met.
- Leverage internal colleagues as instructors for larger regional workshops if needed.
- Travel to meetings, workshops, trade shows, or customer sites if requested.
- Ensure all training modules are current, coordinated with new product releases and updated continuously to reflect key competitive differentiators.
- Ensure technical training is aligned with broader business initiatives.
- Under general supervision ensure that laboratory protocols and procedures are properly and safely followed for quality assurance and maintain the quality of all the products involved.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of the business practices and policies involved in routine Sales’ activities.
- Maintain a professional corporate image in front of customers and potential customers.
- Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures within Thermo Fisher.
- Maintain confidentiality of Thermo Fisher corporate business information and data.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning institution in the Biological or Chemical Sciences and at least five (5) years of experience in an HLA Laboratory or related HLA experience.
- A working clinical knowledge of Thermo Fisher products and HLA field.
- A comfort level with public speaking; previous professional experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products for word processing, and the creation of presentations.
- Answer technical questions related to the performance of Thermo Fisher products.
- Multi-task responsibilities/activities, problem solve and meet deadlines.
- Obtain and report market feedback.
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment in execution of duties.
- Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing to management, customers, third party personnel.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive company and product information.
- Work in a team setting in a cooperative and helpful manner.
**Ideal candidate located in Southern California; 35-50% travel if not local**
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.