Sr. Product Manager - Connect Platform
Requisition ID: 201328BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Thermo Fisher recognizes that digital enablement has the power to change the way our customers work — providing them with unmatched capabilities for digital science execution, commerce, and services to drive efficiency and ultimately power science. We are moving forward with a vision to be the world’s leading digital science company. Realizing our vision requires us to improve our digital product management capabilities as such we are looking for an expert product manager to lead the strategy and execution of our data platform.
How will you make an impact?
This is your opportunity to help realize an open data vision in scientific settings across the life sciences and applied markets. Our team is responsible for defining and implementing the visions for the connect platform, at the center is the data platform. You will work closely with the Director of product management other product managers, product owners, and architects to deliver an outstanding data platform
What will you do?
- You will demonstrate your knowledge of IOT, data science, data structures, semantics and the life science market to specify and over see the development of a centralized data capability.
- Define and communicate a product vision, strategy and roadmap that aligns with overall business goals, meet customer needs, and contributes to achieving key performance measures
- Identify and facilitate scientific data use workflows which will draw together both the physical and digital capabilities of our organization.
- Synthesize information from many sources to formulate, test and present strategic proposals for our platform’s development.
- Develop quarterly product execution plans and mid to long term roadmaps that align with stakeholder & customer expectations while factoring in budget and resource constraints
- Actively engage with external customers and internal businesses to understand their needs and how they can best be served through product capabilities
- Supervise market, competitive, and technology trends and capabilities to craft strategy and roadmaps
- Prioritize work efforts and provide requirements for product execution teams using scrum methodologies and tools
- Influence and coordinate internal groups to bring product roadmap to life including UX, engineering, QA, analytics, legal, business units, marketing and others as needed.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years Product Management or equivalent experience within the software application environment developing product strategy with track record of roadmap delivery.
- Extensive knowledge of data use and how system architecture impacts the accessibility and usability of data.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong customer focus with proven knowledge of the scientific markets in which our company operates.
- Track record in working to quantifiable targets and goal orientation
- Influential communicator and skilled operator in a matrix environment.
- Ability to effectively motivate across organizational levels from executives to technical teams
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong executive presence with good presentation abilities
- Global approach
- Experience with data products in scientific settings
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.