Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal is looking to hire a Senior Fire Marshall for the World Bank Group in Washington DC. The Senior Fire Marshall works under the guidance and supervision of the Chief Fire Marshal.
Located in Washington D.C.
Full time opening!!!
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Fire Marshals and Fire Inspector 1.
- Coordinate with Fire Marshals and Inspector 1 to ensure that the daily audits are performed to confirm the effectiveness of the fire safety system tests conducted by the vendor while reporting and following- up on fire life safety deficiencies on a regular basis.
- Ensure that required audits are performed on the various fire and safety systems, deficiencies noted are reported and followed-up on.
- Assist the Chief Fire Marshal in the planning and execution of all Security and Fire Life Safety drills/training exercises.
- Coordinate with the Corporate Real Estate Group and other WBG departments to ensure strict compliance to life safety codes and WBG standards.
- Respond to FLS e-mail enquiries from staff, Corporate Real Estate, emergency wardens, maintenance contractors and other with the guidance of the Chief Fire Marshal
- Provide technical advisory services by reviewing blueprints for construction projects in WBG owned and leased spaces and commenting on impact to life safety codes and protective systems.
- Provide reports as required on FLS responses to incidents, testing, and routine inspections.
- Coordinate with the WBG’s insurance office and underwriters to ensure that required systems maintenance are being conducted.
- Conduct required refresher training for the FLS Inspectors
- Conduct periodic “due diligence” reviews of the FLS Program with local authorities
- Coordinate Special projects as directed by the FLS Program Coordinator on behalf of the Bank.
- Conducts Mission Travel
- Direct assign and assist team members in their assigned projects.
- Develop team schedules including overtime and schedule modifications.
- Manage and coordinate team member leave, sick time and payroll discrepancies.
- Assist Program Coordinator and Chief Fire Marshal in any additional tasks as needed
- At least Five (5) years of experience with Bachelor’s, or three (3) years of experience with Master’s in the fire life safety field preferred.
- In lieu of a degree, 7.5 years of experience within a Fire Science or related field.
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Certified Fire Inspector 2 (CFI) or Three (3) years of equivalent experience and proficiency in the use of NFPA/ICC codes, standards, and conducting fire inspections preferred
- Experience in operating Fire Life Safety systems.
- Effective organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite applications (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to conceptualize and analyze problems; identify problems and provide clear concise solutions
- Be self-motivated and possess a strong initiative and follow through ability.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment as well as working independently
- Ability to direct and motivate team to perform the required tasks.
- Must be a team player and responsive to the operational needs, goals, and objectives of Corporate Security.
- Be competent in the use of open source databases.
- Must have or be able to obtain a US Passport.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.