Senior Bio Medical Tech
About the Job
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health's anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr Bio Med Tech.
In this role, the successful candidate repairs and maintains patient care equipment devices, instruments, systems and related technologies to ensure its safety and operational performance characteristics.
Performs scheduled preventive maintenance according to hospital policies, procedures and industry-recognized standards.
Maintains documentation of all service events, performance tests and corrective maintenance performed on a wide range of equipment types, including life support, monitoring, diagnostic, therapeutic and general clinical (patient care) devices.
Participates in and/or assists with development of departmental and hospital based continuous quality improvement initiatives.
Maximizes patient safety by supporting the proper use, application and operational performance of patient care equipment.
- Responsible for all duties specific to Biomed Tech
- Responsible assisting Lead Tech on monitoring the outcome of preventive maintenance performed
- Responds to stat requests to equipment users to determine the extent of reported problems and makes the determination as to who is best capable of resolving the suspected problem using resources or outside vendor service sources when Lead tech is absent
- Keeps equipment users informed as to the status of repairs
- Assists Lead Tech with all projects as assigned related to the installation, relocation or modification of medical equipment
- Assists Biomed Tech in safe use, application, testing, preventive maintenance and repair techniques on all type of clinical equipment
- Responsible in assisting Lead tech on part sourcing
To qualify you must have a Associates degree in electronic or biomedical equipment technology is desirable.
5 years experience performing general preventive maintenance, performance testing and other technical support on a wide range of general biomedical equipment.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.