SALES ASSOCIATE in LYMAN, ME
About the Job
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
The Sales Associate acts as a point of contact for our customers. The duties of the Sales Associate include assisting customers in locating and purchasing merchandise, operating the cash register, stocking merchandise, recovering merchandise, cleaning the store, and performing other duties as assigned by the Store Manager to maximize store profitability and customer satisfaction while protecting company assets.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide excellent customer service, greet and assist customers.
- Operate cash register and scanner to itemize and total customer’s purchase, collect payment from customers and make change, bag merchandise, and assist customers with merchandise as necessary.
- Follow company merchandise processes; unpack, stock, restock, and rotate merchandise on shelves and build merchandise displays.
- Clean the store, take out trash, dust and mop store floors, clean restroom and receiving room, and help set up sidewalk displays.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow planogram and merchandise presentation guides.
- Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Ability to stock merchandise.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Frequent walking and standing
- Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling to run check out station, stock merchandise and unload trucks; which may also require the ability to push and/or pull rolltainers for stocking merchandise
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers, two-wheel dollies, U-boats (six-wheel carts), and rolltainers
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 55 pounds
- Occasional climbing (using step ladder) up to heights of six feet
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.