About the Job
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our “Be the Difference” philosophy, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off (Holidays/Vacation)
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?La Cantera Resort & Spa is inspired by the architecture of one of the largest and most famous ranches in the world, the King Ranch, located in South Texas. When you enter the lobby of La Cantera Resort & Spa, you’ll find that our lobby space was built to resemble the “Big House” at King Ranch. The wood beams in the ceiling, the roaring stone fireplace in the lobby and the look of Sire Bar’s rustic colors and furnishings, all tie back to the “Big House” at the King Ranch.
This position shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he is responsible for providing support in maintaining the cleanliness of guest rooms, corridors, housekeeping storage and linen closets and other assigned areas. This position is fully committed to ensuring that all procedures are performed to the department and company standards and serve as an ambassador for the hotel.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Be knowledgeable of all services/features and local attractions/activities to anticipate and respond to guest inquiries
- Must be detail oriented, organized and flexible and ensure completion of all general cleaning duties as assigned; check in with supervisor for additional assignments throughout the shift
- Stock cleaning carts, housekeeping storage and linen closets and public areas with designated supplies and equipment
- Maintain complete knowledge of proper maintenance and use of equipment
- Monitor and maintain safety, cleanliness, sanitation and organization of guest rooms, corridors, housekeeping linen and storage closets and public areas as assigned (i.e. remove trash and linen, wipe down shelves/counters, vacuum carpets and area rugs, sweep and wax floor, relocate improperly stored items to proper storage areas, etc.)
- Follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing of, or moving objects/materials and/or the clean-up of blood, infectious materials, or bodily fluids in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standards
- Provides accurate key control and effective security for all keys, buildings and vehicles
- Follow proper procedures to report any damages or maintenance problems
- Handle lost and found items according to department and company procedures
- Report to work on time and according to posted schedule
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED or minimum of six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Previous hospitality experience in a Four Diamond quality organization preferred
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write in the basic English language
- Must be available to work, varied shifts and flexible schedules
Experience and Education:
High school education, GED, or equivalent preferred
At least one year Hospitality experience preferred
At least one year of customer service experience required
Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must be able to work well under pressure
Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
Must be highly detailed orientated
Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
Must have excellent listening skills
Must possesses excellent communication skills
Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
Must always ensure a teamwork environment
Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
Must have the ability to resolve problems/conficts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
Must be able to stand on feet throughout the shift, with intermittent periods of walking and stair climbing.
Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 lbs at shoulder height
Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 lbs;
Must be able to bend, squat, push and pull frequently;
Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, squeezing, overhead reaching and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently.
What are we looking for?