Residency/Fellowship Program Coordinator
About the Job
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Residency/Fellowship Prg Coord.
Responsible for providing administrative support to the Director of Residency Training and Medical Education; helps to ensure the smooth management and functioning of the operations of the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine with regards to the Residency Program. Provides administrative support to the Chairs office to include occasional coverage for office personnel as needed.
- Coordination of Medical Education - Prepares and facilitates requirements of second, third and fourth year residents and all fellowships approved and authorized by the Accreditation for Continuing Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
- Oversees the implementation of the National Residency Match Program. Oversees and coordinates the House staff evaluation process in a web-based environment. Prepares credentialing for all Residents and Fellows. Serves as the primary contact for the School of Medicine GME office ensuring a coordinated, well-integrated program.
- Assists faculty in preparing letters of recommendation for current and past participants in the program. Submits invoices and receipts for program expenditures to Director and Department Administrator for budget monitoring. Coordinates all communication issues for residents and students; develops and oversees phone and pager systems to ensure efficient and timely management of communications among the house staff and attending and monitors and supervises activities of the Training Secretary. Maintains a supportive environment conducive to learning and growth.
- Support services Director - Provides administrative support services to the Program Director to facilitate the efficient operation of the Medical Education office.
- Ensures that all support functions for the Program Director are completed on a daily basis. Plans and coordinates interrelated activities effectively and efficiently according to schedule. Handles confidential matters with appropriate discretion and urgency. Screens, monitors and disseminates communication, including mail, phone, and other inquiries both internally and externally. Makes requests and works with other departments and areas, allowing them sufficient time to reply; in turn, responds quickly in order to ensure efficient coordination of activities. Prepares all materials in an appropriate and efficient manner through the efficient utilization of computer, further develops computer skills.
- Facilitates petty cash reimbursements; prepares and processes Purchase Requisitions, Check Requests, IOIs and related invoices to all areas of the medical education programs. Prepares and updates the academic calendar for the program. Maintains compliance with American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Cooperates with other team/staff to ensure the smooth functioning of the Medical Education. Works closely and harmoniously with team/staff members to include providing occasional coverage as needed for office personnel and participates in team/staff meetings and decision making.
- Sets up and maintains documentation and complex records for the Program Director. Maintains records in an organized and up-to-date manner; utilizes a filing system which allows for a prompt retrieval of all information. Completes filing accurately and promptly and Maintains information for the Medical Education office in accordance with Departmental NYU school of Medicine regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a BA Degree plus 2-3 years of responsible office administration experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience; excellent communication, interpersonal, computer and organizational skills.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.