Registered Nurse, RN
About the Job
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for performing all duties related to the efficient, safe, and compliant collection of blood and blood products. Works collaboratively as a member of the team and in alignment with the values of the organization. Performs Apheresis Red Cell Collection and/or Plasma Pheresis. Performs Platelet Pheresis and/or Therapeutic Apheresis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
- Performs all duties related to the collection and handling of blood and blood products (e.g., computerized medical screening, phlebotomy, load, set-up, tear down, pack blood, advanced eligibility calculations, and daily quality control).
- Communicates all pertinent information effectively and timely. Brings issues to the attention of those in authority or leadership positions, as necessary.
- Works as part of a team to achieve daily team production goals.
- Assists and supports other team members, as required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Drives the company vehicle, as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate records, including apheresis charts.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in accordance with current customer service standards to represent a positive image for the company.
- Maintains and ensures equipment, vehicles, and facilities are maintained and kept in good working order.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required by position.
- Trains other team members on additional duties/tasks, as required.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
- Associate's degree required.
- CA RN and drivers license, CPR certification required.
- Six months previous work experience in a healthcare related position required.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active team member.
- Ability to travel, as required.
Sign-on Bonus!! Paid after 30 days, 90 days, and 12 months
As an essential operation to the nation's healthcare infrastructure and a science-based organization, Vitalant believes that being vaccinated helps provide protection and care for our employees, our donors, their families, and the broader community. With this in mind, Vitalant requires employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Individuals applying for this position should be prepared to comply with the COVID-19 vaccination mandates of Vitalant and accordingly, will need to be vaccinated as of first date of employment unless approved exemption exists prior to start.
EEO including disability and veterans