** Internal Workers – Please log into your Workday account to apply **
Department:701000 Emergency Services
Responsible for coordination of care to meet identified needs of the patient/family. Supervises the management of patient care utilizing critical thinking and nursing process, discharge planning, resource identification, linking and scheduling patients with required services, monitoring care delivery, advocating for the patient, care planning and evaluating outcomes. Coordinates patient care across the health care continuum, and assists other team members with meeting individual patient needs.
This position may require flexibility of hours.
For hires prior to 9/1/15, Graduate from accredited nursing program required.
For internal promotions to a RN New Grad or for hires between 9/1/15 – 5/1/2018, must be currently enrolled in a BSN or MSN program & degree must be completed within 3 years of DOH or date of transition to an RN position.
Effective for New Hires after 5/1/18, BSN or higher required.
Diploma or transcripts on highest degree earned required.
Minimum 1 year of current experience in acute care area of expertise/equivalent service area, 2 years preferred. Trauma nursing experience preferred.
Must challenge and successfully pass the Basic Dysrhythmia course curriculum within 21 days of hire.
If new to ED, must successfully pass the ED Core Curriculum and complete required on-unit preceptorship.
Basic computer skills/experience with computerized documentation systems required.
Current active unrestricted RN license issued by State of California.
Current American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, and PALS Provider required.
NIHSS certification required within 30 days of hire/transfer.
CEN or related certification, preferred.
ENPC required for full time and part-time employee or within six months of employment. Care of the Trauma patient.
1. Demonstrates an understanding of the standards according to Los Angeles County (LACO) Guidelines of Prehospital Care.
2. Participates in Quality Improvement process as required by LACO Base Station Contract.
3. Attends and participates in monthly Base Station Meetings.
4. Maintains Mobile Intensive Care Nurse Certification Requirements and participates in continuing education efforts required by LACO Base Station Contract and Huntington Memorial Hospital Policy and Procedures.
5. Communicates with Prehospital and Emergency Medical Services personnel in an objective manner and communicates with the Prehospital Care Coordinator regarding unresolved prehospital care issues.
Worker Type:RegularFull time