About the Job
Join Hilton and you'll have more than just a job - you'll have an exciting career with the world's most valuable hotel brand. As our Purchasing Manager, you will be working with suppliers to negotiate contracts on behalf of DoubleTree by Hilton Northbridge and DoubleTree by Hilton Waterfront and you will ensure that the hotels get the best possible purchasing deals on food and all other general supplies.
What will I be doing?
As Purchasing Manager who is looking after DoubleTree by Hilton Perth Northbridge and DoubleTree by Hilton Perth Waterfront , you will work with suppliers to negotiate contracts, purchase required goods, and keep accurate records of transactions, trends, and the performance of vendors. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards.
- Obtain competitive quotations for all hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased, using Purchasing power and Hilton Group Nominated suppliers where applicable
- Ensure that our locally nominated supplier information is kept current and accurate
- Ensure that our Purchasing System, BirchStreet is current, accurate and being used by others correctly
- Adhere to quality procedures and standards and oversee purchasing administration such that all Hilton policies and standards are upheld
- Work with the Finance Managers to draft the annual budget for various suppplies
- Maintain a record of commitments for all budgets and ensure that the relevant senior managers are constantly informed of updates
- Ensure a comprehensive system for allocating and reconciling purchase orders
- Manage relationships with hotel suppliers and report on their performance
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders, suppliers, managers and team members
- Supervise the operation of stores in both properties and uphold company health and safety, quality assurance and control procedures, making improvements to the level of control, compiling accurate stock records, and maintaining proper records of requisition and replenishment transactions
- Monitor all areas of purchasing including contracts, leases and nominations
- Prepare the month end accounts and reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure that month end stocktakes are accurately completed and entered into the system
- Execute on tasks/requests as instructed by the Hotel Management
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience in a purchasing/procurement
- Birchstreet purchasing system
- Strong financial knowledge and ability to work with budgets
- Computer literate, with good MS Excel skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure at all times
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience within the hotel/leisure sector
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Relevant degree, in Finance/Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
Culture & Benefits:
Our amazing team members are at the heart of what we do! As a DoubleTree by team member, you can expect to receive:
- Access to our team member exclusive travel program, offering discounted room rates at our properties globally and generous discounts on food and beverage,
- Long term career development planning and opportunities, and
- An investment in your well-being to include flexible working arrangements that support you in making space for what matters most
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the accommodation sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For over a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!