Job SummaryResponsible for being a thought leader with a mastery of program management skills. Follows the organization's strategic plan and leads the most enterprise-wide, strategic programs affecting multiple organizations and impacting the business over multiple years. Delivers outcomes, longer-term improvements and benefits in support of the organization goals. Leads and guides junior members of the team.
The Technology, Product, Experience (TPX) organization works at the intersection of media and technology and our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products and next-generation technologies that transform the customer experience.
Reliability Experience and Global Product Operations, led by James Manchester, SVP and Chief Reliability Officer, is responsible for developing and leading the programs that allow us to deliver on our dedication to providing the best, most reliable network, product, and service experiences, as well as a consistent standard of excellence, across our customer base, inclusive of those from Sky and our syndication partners. This group also partners closely with Xfinity Growth, Innovation, and Experience (XGIE), our residential consumer business unit, and the field to develop solutions that allow us to grow market share in unique channels, including multi-dwelling units, retail and higher education campus environments.
About the Role
This position is a key program manager for the Reliability program intended to work across the Cable organization to drive customer perceived reliability to best in class levels over a multi-year period. Reporting into the Reliability & Operations organization of TPX, the manager will document progress of key programs contributing to our overall goal, as well as create and drive programs that do not exist today where needed. Ability to identify opportunities and blockers, build strong working relationships and inspire change through both direct work output and influence are critical to success in this role. Broad familiarity with technology and processes used within Comcast to serve customers as well as a broad network within Comcast is also a critical enabler.
The Sr. Manager of Reliability Program Management is responsible for applying solid program management skills to lead complex end-to-end product and process-focused programs. The desired skills crosses several disciplines, including a working knowledge of consumer and business services and products as well as the ability to analyze, measure and assess highly complex demands from a business, program and project management perspective. The Manager may also lead a team of program managers, training and coaching to standards.
- Understands the scope of programs as defined by the business requirements and budget process. Participates in key planning milestones.
- Identifies, confirms and acquires participation from required cross-functional teams. Ensures team clearly understands roles and responsibilities for the duration of the program.
- Creates and builds program plans. Facilitates and drives the core team to identify and schedule all the work for end-to-end deployment required to fulfill program scope. Performs management of upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Identifies goals and successes criteria, drives the development and implementation of key goals, objectives and successes criteria for the program with key collaborators and core team. Raises conflicts and resolves with the appropriate level of management engagement to build consensus. Obtains and assigns resources to the program plan.
- Resolves cost and budget; performs resource forecasting.
- Analyzes areas of risk to avoid risky activities by identifying and leading critical paths and risk areas. Establishes contingency plans and identifies trigger events and assumes responsibility for initiation corrective actions.
- Identifies and helps the team make program tradeoffs to balance scope, time, and costs. Ensures proper documentation.
- Tracks and leads the program schedule and upstream and downstream dependencies. Analyzes the actual performance against the plan and makes adjustments consistent with plan objectives. Drives action item resolution and track completion. Ensures program achievements are accomplished and ensures overall committed timelines are met. Documents all major plan changes in scope, approach and date delivery.
- Communicates updates on major landmarks and keeps all collaborators informed of progress and issues. Identifies and handles proposed changes to program parameters and works with Enterprise Program Management and Program Managers to ensure appropriate processes and communications are followed.
- Monitors and ensures quality of program deliverables. Leads core team and key field resources to develop and supervise deployment schedule, strategies and tools to support the implementation of programs in the field through trials and controlled customer deployments.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of Program and/or Project Management Experience (formal certifications preferred)
- Experience in technology-based programs
- Data Analytics reporting experience (SQL skills preferred.)
- Strong Collaborator management and interpersonal skills
- Telecom/Comcast experience preferred
About Our Perks & Benefits:
We are determined to create an environment where our employees feel valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated!
Here's a look at just some of the perks and benefits we make available to our US-based employees:
- Medical & Dental
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off
- Life Milestones - from adoption assistance, childcare resources, pet insurance, and more, Comcast supports you at all life stages.
- Courtesy Services - We offer all of our full-time employees in serviceable areas free digital TV and internet.
- Discount tickets for Universal Resorts, including theme park tickets and onsite hotel rooms.
Learn more at https://jobs.comcast.com/life-at-comcast/benefits
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Agile, SAFe,Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) - Project Management Institute (PMI)
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.