Procurement Operational Lead
About the Job
Join one of the fastest growing scale ups in France!
We are looking for ambitious and talented people to strengthen our local team in Paris! France is one of our youngest and fastest growing HelloFresh markets where we are now the market leader, but where there is still a ton of work to do and a big market to conquer. It’s the perfect moment to join, and a great opportunity to have a lasting impact on one of the fastest growing foodtechs in France.
We have big ambitions for France and want to change the way french people eat forever, promoting a more sustainable, simple and affordable way to cook delicious recipes at home.
About the role:
With our fast growing customer base and supplier base, we are looking for an operational team lead to support our senior procurement manager, to manage a dense and complex network of suppliers delivering large quantities & varieties of perishable ingredients.
We are looking for an analytical problem-solver with a hands-on, “whatever-it-takes” mindset to help build and manage our supply network. You are a roll-up-your-sleeves operator who thrives in detail, organization, and analysis, obsesses over delivering measurable results, and has a passion for food. As part of this role, you will have a key role in setting the operational buying roadmap, and in growing and developing 2 other operational buyers.
What you will be doing:
- Create and develop upstream projects with procurement implications (tool improvement…).
- Track and report key ops KPIs to continuously improve supply chain processes: forecast demand requirements, manage inventory, and track consumption of incoming material.
- Team management: weekly catch ups, managing team performance against KPI and setting path for the team to meet these KPIs.
- Day-to-day management: create contingency plans and work on long term projects to structurally fix operational issues.
- Be responsible for the operational excellence of our suppliers, through key metrics (On Time, In Full, In Quality).
- Monitor customers feedback related to operational issues (ingredient quality), and lead root cause analysis to derive actionable follow ups.
What we are looking for:
- Master Degree from a top Business School/ University, Purchasing degree is a plus;
- Min. 3-5 years of experience in procurement roles, preferably related to the food industry
- Experience managing and/or leading a team
- Ability to work through tough problems with a rigorous and pragmatic approach
- Ability to manage and juggle multiple projects and proven project management skills
- Strong at internal and external stakeholder management. Demonstrate ability to work in teams and in a fast paced and challenging environment
- A pragmatic and hands-on ‘can do’ attitude
- Fluency in English and French - both written and spoken
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth
- A vibrant & international environment with a great culture & DNA
- Delicious reductions on our HelloFresh boxes
- A guaranteed steep learning curve & boost for your career
- A passionate, proactive and dynamic French team
- Offices in the center of Paris, in the 1st district
- Employees perks (Mutuelle Alan Blue, reductions on transport, Gymlib, training budget)
The next steps:
Apply on the link below. We’ll have a close look at your CV and cover letter. If it’s a match, we’ll invite you to a series of interviews and a case study. You will speak to:
- Our french Senior Procurement Manager
- Our International Procurement Director
- Our french Managing Director
We try to keep the process short and sweet, to welcome you at HelloFresh as soon as possible!