MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, DC. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment. MedStar Georgetown’s healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
The Ultrasound Technologist performs ultrasound examinations in accordance with established protocols in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
* Must have completed training in an approved Ultrasound program.
* As part of their education, candidates must also demonstrate competency in didactic coursework and an ARRT-specified list of clinical procedures by completing competency requirements established for the discipline in which they are seeking certification and registration.
* American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (A.R.D.M.S.) registered or American Registry of Radiologic Technologist and advanced certification of Sonography (ARRT, S) must beregistered within 1 year date of hire.
* One year of hospital-based experience is preferred.
* Skills in operating various models of ultrasound and instructing others in proper use.
* Must know or be able to learn transverse and cross-sectional anatomical and pathological presentations.
* CPR certification required.
* Must be able to work under stressful and emergent situations
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.