SEEKING TOP TALENT TO TALENT TO CONNECT WITH OUR ICONIC BRAND
-Relocation Support Available-
The Tiffany Workshop in Pelham, NY is known throughout the world for its fine jewelry and illustrious collections that symbolize the essence of distinctive craftsmanship, quality, timeless beauty and expressions of joy. The Polisheris responsible for polishing gold and platinum jewelry pieces within the Tiffany and Company aesthetic and quality standards. This role will present the ability to grow and develop craft skills to support high-end jewelry.
At Tiffany, we recognize the vital role our employees play in maintaining our competitive advantage. Therefore, we reward you with industry-leading compensation packages that include health, well-being and retirement programs, and a variety of other valuable benefits eligible as of day one.
- Polish complex precious-metal jewelry pieces with diamonds and colored gemstones to meet or exceed Tiffany & Co. quality standards and requirements.
- Requirements include pre-polish, lapping, buffing, thrumming and final polish in various precious metals.
- Focus on improving overall efficiency by adhering to Tiffany and Company prescribed routing steps and within timelines for key projects flowing through the Tiffany Workshop.
- Functions and responsibilities will be carried out in full compliance of quality standards, project timelines, gemological requirements, work instructions and procedures. Use appropriate tooling as required.
- Expedite repairs of all levels of complexity precious-metal jewelry pieces for own work and assigned tasks.
- Communicate effectively to keep Manager updated on project status, issues, and concerns.
- Identify potential barriers to meeting completion timelines as soon as they arise.
- Perform other duties to support departmental objectives and deliverables as assigned including but not limited to setting and jewelry to support departmental objectives and deliverables.
- Work in a team environment maintaining professional conduct at all times. Promote safety at all times by consistently following safe work procedures.
- 10+years bench experience working with high end and one of a kind jewelry.
- High School diploma/Equivalent
- Extensive experience working with diverse materials (e.g., platinum, yellow gold, white gold) and gemstones/diamonds.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills and partnership skills.
- Professional work ethic demonstrative of exceptional customer service, compliance with all company policies and procedures including but not limited to safety, confidentiality, security, attendance.
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing priorities and willing to change responsibilities within the department as needed by the business.
- Demonstrated experience with performing and troubleshooting jewelry repairs.
- Flexibility to work overtime and/or modified work schedules as needed by the business.
- Technical understanding of jewelry and setting manufacturing techniques.
- Computer literacy