Pharmacist Consultant - Long Term Care
About the Job
Omnicare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation.
What We Do
Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the healthcare environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
Are you searching for a fast paced and multifaceted environment where you can show your passion for helping others? If this sounds like the opportunity you're looking for, apply to our Consultant Pharmacist role at Omnicare today! We can't wait to meet you!
As a Consultant Pharmacist, you have the exciting opportunity to collaborate with facility leaders and staff to coordinate pharmaceutical services within long term care facilities. You will have the opportunity to guide development and evaluation of pharmaceutical services procedures within the facility. You will assist the facility to identify, evaluate, and address/resolve pharmacy-related concerns and issues that affect resident care, medical care, quality of life, and/or regulatory compliance. This position will perform duties below by working in various client facilities within long term care.
• Ensure facilities remain compliant and aligned with federal regulations
• Clinical reviews as required by federal and state regulation
• Own issue resolution and communicate early warning signs of potential issues
• Drive adoption of Omnicare programs and service offerings
• Use existing customer relationships to promote and drive organic growth as well as new business
• Conduct Executive Reviews and other customer meetings as required
• Collaborate with Account Management, Sales, Operations and appropriate corporate functions to meet overall site goals and objectives
• Perform Medication Regimen Reviews as outlined by regulation or contract for facility type, and provide written reports of these reviews to applicable facility staff.
• Spend an appropriate amount of time on each resident’s review as defined by their clinical needs;
• Use OSC 2 OR software on-site to generate MRR, including therapeutic interchange and Omnicare clinical program-related, recommendations and documents responses to previous recommendations;
• Utilize the "Minimum Data Set" (MDS 3.0) health assessment tool to identify specific residents needing targeted focuses;
• Complete the “Quality Improvement: Consultant Pharmacist Summary Report” for all applicable facilities, and transmit this and the “Summary for Consultant Services” after each month’s consulting has been completed;
• Educate facility staff, including the Director of Nursing, Medical Director and Administrator when new programs are implemented and perform specific functions required of new programs conducted by Consultant Pharmacist
This is a full time, benefit eligible position. CVS Health offers a competitive benefit package which includes, but is not limited to, Paid Time Off, Health/Dental/Vision insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Program , 401K with a company match, and a generous employee discount at all CVS stores.
This is a full-time, 40 hour/week position. This role requires travel to Venice, Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, Ft. Myers, and Naples areas.
Must be a licensed pharmacist in the state of Florida, must be active & in good standing
Must hold current immunization or obtain within 3 months from start date
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
Pharmacist license that is in good standing
3 years of experience in a clinical pharmacy practice with at least one year of long term care pharmacy practice preferred
Bachelors of Science Degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy
Certification in geriatrics and/or gerontology preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.