Patient Care Assistant - Medical/Surgical Acute Overflow
About the Job
Scripps Health Administrative Services supports our five hospitals and 19 outpatient facilities, which treat half a million patients annually through 2,600 affiliated physicians.
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So, if you’re open to change, go ahead, and unlock your potential.
We are looking for a Patient Care Assistant - Med/Surg Acute Overflow for our Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego. Founded in 1890 by the sisters of Mercy, Scripps Mercy Hospital is San Diego’s longest established hospital, the only Catholic medical center, and the largest teaching hospital in the region.
As a Patient Care Assistant (PCA) on the Medical Surgical Acute Overflow team you will provide direct patient care within the scope of your practice.
- You will be trained and mentored by a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians to provide care to our patients working under the supervision of a nurse, you will assist patients in the daily activities including admission and discharge, bathing, dressing, and meals.
- This position provides excellent service to patients as a key member of the clinical care team.
This is an ideal position for nursing students, people that are currently enrolled in nursing attendant programs, or have previous patient care experience. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and provide excellent service to patients.
This position is a full time with benefits (72 hours per 2 weeks’ pay period) working 12-hour day shifts schedule that may include weekends and holidays. This position is located at Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego - Hillcrest.
Preferred Education/Experience/Specialized Skills/Certification:
- CNA certification preferred
- Multiple patient care skills preferred
- Preferred one-year acute care experience
Required Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
- One year of recent experience working under the license of a licensed healthcare provider OR
- Current enrollment or completion of Nursing Assistant training from a recognized school OR
- Current enrollment in an RN program with completion of the second semester, including nursing fundamentals
- Must be able to speak, read and follow instruction in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a service aptitude
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Provider
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.