Patient Access Rep - FT (Emergency Room)
About the Job
Employment Type:Full time
*Interviews patients upon arrival to area.
* Obtains accurate demographic information, appropriately selecting or assigning a Medical
* Obtains insurance information and copies/scans both sides of insurance cards.
* Being mindful of COBRA rules and regulations, does not discuss payment, insurance or money
issues with Emergency Room patients prior to medical screening by the appropriate Medical
* Refers Emergency patient inquiries regarding payment of insurance issues to the
Supervisor/ Head nurse in ER if not available.
* Obtains authorization from primary care physician, insurance company or workers
compensation carrier and enters information into computer, selecting accurate insurance
plan codes according to the insurance plan master.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.