Employment Type:Part time
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the patient s needs.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of growth and development.
- Demonstrates an understanding of range of treatment needed by these patients
- Demonstrates competent technical abilities in all assigned procedures.
- Maintains neat, legible and organized written records with minimal clerical/data entry errors, including errors of omission
- Recognizes problems (to include technical, instrumental, and physiological) during testing, and notifies supervisor in timely fashion.
- Discusses workstation workload with supervisor periodically through the shift to assure that time is properly spent on procedures with highest priority.
- Maintains a clean, organized work area. Accurately assesses supply inventory levels and acts to assure that adequate short term and long term needs will be met.
- Always follows the written procedure protocols to assure consistent and accurate results.
- Demonstrates good judgement in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions
- Prepares and uses proper controls and/or standards for all procedures performed. Records data, recognizes out-of-range results, and requests assistance in determining the best course of action to ensure accurate and reproducible test results.
- Under the direction of the technologist in charge, performs and documents scheduled and unscheduled equipment maintenance within expected time frame.
- Recognizes and troubleshoots simple equipment malfunctions with the assistance of the supervisor or technologist in charge using operator's manual as a guide
Graduate of an approved Medical Laboratory Technician Program is required.
Must be licensed as a Medical Technician in the state of Florida. Certified by a national regulatory agency (ASCP) preferred
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.