NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Medical Assistant.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for assisting physicians and nurses in the care of patients and families by completing assigned patient care tasks; provides competent, safe, and compassionate care with emphasis on an understanding of the challenges faced by hospitalization, undergoing procedures or diagnostic tests.
- Assists with maintaining patient flow to and from exam rooms and treatment areas. Assists in escorting patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists with training of new Medical Assistants. May perform administrative responsibilities as needed.
- Stock exam roomtreatment rooms with medical supplies, linen, and designated chart forms.
- Clean and sterilize designated equipment after use. Answers telephone in treatment area and assists staff in scheduling treatments. Assists patients and communicates with Physicians to obtain prescription renewals as needed.
- Assures completion of patient charges as per policy.
- Ensure exam rooms and treatment areas are cleaned after each patient leaves and prepared for the next patient. Assist with light housekeeping duties which include spills. Assists patient with obtaining food, toileting, ambulating and maintaining comfort.
- Obtain vital signs, weights, and Electrocardiograms (EKG) when needed. Assist with blood collection phlebotomy as needed. Ensure chart is available, with relevant lab work and test reports if indicated, for physician when the physician sees the patient. Assists physicians with procedures (e.g. GI procedures, all medical exams).
To qualify you must have a High School or equivalent. Graduate of Medical Assistant program OR 2 years of Medical Assistant experience. Excellent communication (both oral and written), interpersonal, customer service skills. Basic knowledge of computers.
Basic Life Support (BLS) Preferred. Medical Assistant Certification Preferred. Knowledge of EPIC Ambulatory Preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology Preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.