When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Clinical Diagnostics Division
How will you make an impact?
Our team is dynamic and fast paced, relying on teamwork, multitasking, and communication within the team and the larger organization. We are seeking an upbeat individual with strong communication, technical and operational skills to join our team. This position will be responsible for supporting the team in achieving daily production schedules and product quality goals.
What will you do?
- Follows Manufacturing SOPs.
- Completes Production Floor paperwork, including SOPs as required by the Quality System. Records information such as weight, time and date packaged.
- Starts, stops, and supervises speed of conveyors
- Assists with validation of equipment
- Reads and understands work orders to successfully set up material on production line, and verify and count the amounts required as per work order.
- Inspects material, products and containers at each set up of production process.
- Inserts or pours product into containers or fills from spout or chute.
- Obtains and sort product.
- Wraps protective material around product.
- Weighs containers and adjusts quantity.
- Closes and seals containers.
- Labels containers, container tags, or products.
- Sorts bundles or filled containers.
- Packs special arrangements or selections of product.
- Inspects material, products and container configurations each set up of packaging process.
- Line Clearance – responsible to reconciliation and disposal of materials related to the job.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, machines, glassware or equipment as needed.
- Responsible for following ISO/cGMP Quality System Regulations with focus on SOP completion accuracy, product quality, and housekeeping activities.
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 0-2 years related experience in lab/manufacturing environment and/or training (may be obtained through work or school)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to work with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Ability to understand and adapt to new schedules in environment due to priority changes
- Ability to collaborate and work with other team members in a team-based environment
- Ability to use manufacturing systems such as QAD and AGILE to print all required documents from QAD and Agile to complete the daily work as indicated in the production schedule.
- Ability to read and interpret as related to documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and react appropriately to changing priorities and impending deadlines.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving sophisticated analytical challenges, growing efficiency in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our distributed team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.