Develop and administer occupational safety and environmental management programs designed to reduce workplace risk, minimize business disruption, and assure compliance to applicable regulatory requirements. Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Fire and Life Safety programs including conformance to FDNY Fire/Life Safety regulations. Develop and manage initiatives to promote a productive safety culture, including programs designed to increase employee involvement, education, and recognition. Implement targeted countermeasure programs designed to address performance trends and foster continual improvement.
- Analyze the work environment and develop programs designed to control, eliminate, and prevent occupational disease and/or injury caused by physical, chemical, or ergonomic factors. Provide technical support to leadership on matters related to occupational safety, environmental compliance, and operational risk mitigation.
- Serve as the lead Fire& Life Safety Director and program leader, conduct compliance and risk assessments, implement policies and procedures to assure compliance with fire and occupational safety regulatory requirements.
- Develop and manage initiatives to promote a productive safety culture, including programs designed to increase employee involvement, education, and recognition.
- Collect and interpret injury data to identify trends and/or causal factors, such as system failure, human error, incomplete or faulty decision-making, or a weakness in existing controls, policies or practices.
- Provide quality assurance oversight for the maintenance and operation of life safety systems and fire prevention; suppression; and detection systems.
- Direct the preparation and submission of all internal and external regulatory reports related to occupational safety and environmental compliance. Liaise with regulatory agencies on matters related to reporting and/or investigating compliance concerns.
- This role will provide comprehensive support for the NYC Flagship Location. The scope of responsibility includes OS&E support for all sales, retail operations, CVM, facilities, and other corporate support functions as assigned to the Flagship Location.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, environmental management, engineering or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of relevant occupational safety and environmental compliance work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a complex industrial environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Strong analytical skills needed to evaluate processes and resolve problems
- Knowledge of and experience working with performance metrics
- Ability to work with others in a mature, professional and collaborative manner
- Advanced degree in occupational safety or environmental management
- 5-7 years of relevant occupational safety and environmental compliance work experience
- 1-3 years of experience managing indoor air quality and/or industrial hygiene programs
- 1-3 years of management systems experience ISO14001, OHSAS 18001, OSHA VPP, etc. Professional certification NYC FLSD License, CIH, CSP, ASP, or OHST