Logistics Safety Specialist
About the Job
Ecolab is seeking a Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Specialist to join our Bulk Logistics Safety group. If you are a dedicated individual with a proven track record of success, we invite you to apply.
What’s in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
- Performs work in select areas of environmental, health and safety disciplines to achieve compliance with the organization’s SHE standards and with federal and state regulatory requirements
- Participates in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of programs, systems, and procedures necessary to ensure the overall safety and health of employees and the community
- Monitors and prevents chemical, physical, and biological hazards and diseases that could be present in the work area
- Investigates accidents, injuries, and complaints concerning hazards or uncomfortable conditions in the workplace
- Recommends improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazardous potential
- Assists in developing / delivering employee training, emergency preparedness and quality assurance programs
- Provides safety performance measures
- Conducts root cause analyses and investigations of safety incidents
- This position is based in Naperville, IL, however, it may also locate at other Ecolab office locations in the United States or Canada.
- Work week and shift: Monday through Friday, day-time shift with rotating 24 hour on-call response for safety incidents as part of a team of safety professionals
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in safety and/or bulk logistics
- No Immigration Sponsorship available for this opportunity
- Bachelor’s Degree in occupational safety, environmental, health, or a related field
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerBi
- Microsoft Visio
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred but not required
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.