Life Enrichment Assistant / Recreation Assistant
About the Job
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Towner Crest in Oconomowoc, WI is seeking a Life Enrichment/Activity Assistants to join our team!
The Life Enrichment Assistant is responsible for implementing and monitoring assigned life enrichment / leisure life programming for our senior residents consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices.
Part time: Approx 10 hours per week
High School & College Students are encouraged to apply!
Every Other Weekend (Sat & Sun) based on programming
Potential Holidays or evenings as needed based on events and or programming
ABOUT THIS COMMUNITY
Our new Eastern WI community, Towner Crest, sits atop a hill surrounded by tall pines. Adjacent to the Oconomowoc Golf Club.
This community serves IL, AL and Memory Care senior residents.
Reponsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Implement assigned activities that help residents achieve “their best day”, filled with a wide variety of meaningful relationships and activities.
• Perform assigned work routines and daily assignments to meet the psychosocial and activities needs of residents and the Household, including:
o Creating diverse opportunities for meaningful pursuits, daily pleasures, recreation, exercise, friendships, social interaction, growth and learning, fun and enjoyment, personal routines, spontaneous activity and Household rituals.
• Participate in Chat Circles with residents and staff in the household daily.
• Assist residents with activities of their choice, group, individual or one on one.
• Take residents outdoors or out in the site community.
• Participate in outings and special events.
• Perform miscellaneous tasks as needed for residents such as shopping, running errands, assisting with correspondence, reading/writing letters etc.
• Provide one on one interaction with residents based on preferences.
• Transport residents to other parts of the community.
- High School Diploma (or currently enrolled) or equivalent.
- Class B license or willingness to obtain within six months of hire as designated or required by site.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours such as during evenings and weekends for planned programs.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm, initiative and good rapport with residents, staff, families and volunteers.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.