Do you feel excitement and curious to kick-start your culinary career? Are you currently looking for an apprenticeship (leerling kok position) for your MBO study (level 3 & 4) and ready to get started with your passion? Then Hilton Rotterdam, located in the city centre, is looking for you!
What makes working at Hilton different?
Restaurant JAQ is situated in the centre of Rotterdam, a trendy hotspot where guests can enjoy true Burgundian hospitality. The restaurant and the multi-functional meeting rooms are part of Hilton Hotels & Resorts, one of the biggest names in the hotel industry. Currently, Hilton is listed #2 of Great Places to Work Multinationals in the Netherlands. We know that when we invest in our Team Members, our guests and communities benefit. This is the reason why we are committed to providing industry-leading benefits that empower Team Members to be the best version of themselves. We do this in and outside of work, to creating meaningful personal and professional growth opportunities for all. We encourage our Team Members to find their passion to create their own journey to careers that are right for them.
What does the apprenticeship look like?
As a Kitchen Apprentice, you are responsible for handling food as requested in an efficient, professional and hospitable manner.
Specifically, as a Kitchen Apprentice, you will be performing and responsible for the following tasks:
- Use every opportunity to gain experience on all posts allocated in areas of the kitchen
- Responsible for completion of all tasks assigned by supervisors
- Keep an open mind to learning and be flexible at all times
- Communication with all team members in the service area
- Work in alignment with and be knowledgeable of HACCP rules and regulations
- Assist in creating decorations in the buffet area for restaurant, banqueting and Executive Lounge area
- Participation in training courses
- Quality assurance
- Safety assurance
- Always knows all menus in restaurant JAQ and packages on offer in the banqueting area
What qualities do you bring to the table?
- Following a cook education (position is only available for students that need to do a placement in line of their education)
- Hospitable attitude
- Passion for food
- Creative mind-set
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluent in Dutch and English
What are the benefits when working at Hilton Rotterdam?
• Up to 30 nights per year highly discounted rates (staff rate) in all Hilton Hotels Worldwide, including 50% discount on F&B in restaurants managed by Hilton
• Up to 70 nights per year highly discounted rates (Friends & Family rate) in all Hilton Hotels Worldwide
• 50% discount in F&B in restaurants managed by Hilton Netherlands
• Extensive development opportunities supported by our Learning & Development department
• Travel allowance according to policy of Hilton Rotterdam
• Free use of fitness facilities
• Free Wi-Fi in hotel for Team Members
• Team Member restaurant
• Discount on health insurance of ‘CZ Zorgverzekeringen’
Do you recognize yourself in the description? Apply here! We look forward welcoming you to the Hilton Family.