BayCare is currently in search of our newest Team Member who is passionate about providing outstanding customer service to our community. We are looking for an individual seeking a career opportunity with one of the largest employers within the Tampa Bay area.
- Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision)
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k match and additional yearly contribution
- Yearly performance appraisals and team award bonus
- Community discounts and more
- AND the Chance to be part of an amazing team and a great place to work!
The Inpatient Coder III will work remotely and must reside in Florida. This position requires the CCS (Certified Coding Specialist Certification).
- The Medical Records Coding Specialist assigns diagnosis and procedural code using ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding systems and monitors bill hold reports.
- Serves as a liaison to Clinical documentation Specialists for ICD-10 inpatient encounters for accurate code and MSDRG assignments.
- Assists Manager/Director with mentoring/training of Coder I, Coder II and Coder III team members and clinical practice students from various colleges.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Critical thinking skill
- Clinical skills appropriate to
- Computer skills appropriate to position
- Medical terminology use and understanding
Our network consists of 15 community-based hospitals, a long-term acute care facility, home health services, outpatient centers and thousands of physicians. With the support of more than 34,000 team members, we promote a forward-thinking philosophy that’s built on a foundation of trust, dignity, respect, responsibility, and clinical excellence. Our team members focus on tomorrow by achieving personal and professional success today.
Certifications and Licensures
- Required CCS (Coding)
- Required High School or Equivalent
- Preferred Associate's Health Information Technology
- Required 3 years Coding
- Required 5 years Acute Care