A Housekeeping Manager in Training is responsible for managing daily Housekeeping operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Housekeeping Manager,in Training you would be responsible for managing daily Housekeeping operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Distribute/delegate room and cleaning assignments to Housekeeping/Laundry team members and Temporary Workforce.
- Supervise and Monitor work performance of team members by conducting room inspections. Provide coaching and counseling of team members and conduct performance reviews when needed.
- Perform duties as assigned by Assistant Director of Housekeeping, including cleaning guest rooms and public areas, and operating in the laundry area.
- Interview, select and train Housekeeping team members in proper work procedures and techniques.
- Perform daily managerial tasks including creating forecasts and schedules, managing supplies inventory, purchasing supplies, managing department checkbook.
- Plan and conduct staff meetings to ensure open communication amongst team members. Attend various operational related meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!