Housekeeping Hospitality Associate - Part-time
About the Job
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Housekeeping Hospitality Associate - Part-time.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for cleaning and maintaining a safe environment in assigned area and assists with activities necessary for effective functioning of the department.
- Performs a variety of environmental tasks necessary to the orderly functioning of the department.
- Recognizes and responds to issues that may cause problems and/or refers issues through proper chain of command utilizing the escalation policy. Documents legibly. Maintains open channel of communication through two way radio system or phone.
- Responds to dispatch in a timely manner. Works to improve and/or maintain HCAHPS scores
- Performs a variety of cleaning duties necessary to the orderly functioning of the department. Cleans spills according to HAZMAT guidelines. Ensures equipment is functioning properly and when necessary reports problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Utilizes appropriate communication in all interactions: demonstrates proper radio/phone etiquette.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must be able to communicate and understand simple directions in English. Must be able to read MSDS & chemical labels.
High School Diploma or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.