Renown Health, Northern Nevada's largest and only not-for-profit locally governed healthcare network, is hiring a Surgical Oncologist - Breast Surgeon. Join our growing Renown Medical Group Department of Surgical Oncology three person team practicing in the regions busiest and established full service cancer center (Renown Institute for Cancer) and the only Level II Trauma Center serving a catchment area of over 900,000.
The successful candidate will be a BE/BC Surgeon with fellowship training in Surgical Oncology with a focus on breast and soft tissue disease or a Breast Fellowship trained surgeon focused on breast cancer.
The candidate should expect a minimum of 50% or more breast surgery with call support for the department of surgical oncology with the option to contribute to complex surgical oncology if there is interest.
Experience in Breast cancer is a must. A strong work ethic with a focus on quality and collegiality is mandatory.
The Oncology Surgeon will provide Breast and soft tissue Surgery services for patients in the community, work to elevate our established breast cancer program, as well as evaluate new patient consults and see follow-up appointments in the Outpatient Clinic.
The provider will also have the opportunity to teach Residents and Medical Students as part of Community Faculty for University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine and lead clinical trials and develop a robust Breast cancer research program in partnership with our dedicated breast medical and radiation oncology team. Renown Regional is a state-of-the-art, 800 bed acute care facility with comprehensive and outpatient services and 24-hour emergency care.
- Monday Friday schedule 8 am to 5 pm
- Cancer Institute with highest level of accreditation located at Renown Regional Medical Center facility
- Dynamic Oncology Department, State of Art Radiation Oncology suite, 26 chair Infusion Center and Oncology Clinic on site
- Dedicated Intensivists 24/7 over3 Intensive Care Units
- Dedicated Oncology floor and developing Oncology Hospitalist Service Team
- 24/7 Anesthesia support
- Teaching hospital for University of Nevada Reno School of Medicine
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Malpractice paid + 100% Tail Coverage
- Full Health Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- CME Stipend $5,000
- No State Income Tax
- Reno ranked in Top 100 places to live
- 30 minutes to Lake Tahoe, 2 hours to Sacramento, 3.5 hours to San Francisco
- Enjoy four seasons with over 300 days of sunshine annually
- Family-friendly community, affordable living, a thriving culinary scene, and other Perks
For more information please contact Monica Mikulich, In-House Physician Recruiter at email@example.com