Reporting into the Division Sales Manager, the Hematology Clinical Account Specialist will build and implement territory business plans that align with overall brand objectives and business goals. The Hematology Clinical Account Specialist must demonstrate clear and thorough hematology disease state understanding, have established strong and professional relationships with hematologists/oncologists (in private, group practice and hospital settings), nursing and office staff, and all others involved in the oncology patient care continuum. This individual fosters collaboration with peers and extended team network, and contributes to the accomplishments of team goals by sharing knowledge, experience, and information. He or she drives results aligned with brand expectations and the Company mission for the betterment of patients. Responsibilities include building a comprehensive strategic business plan with specific, measurable objectives and action-oriented strategies in accordance with regional and national goals. This includes responsible resource allocation, a commitment to good operating principles and compliant, high ethical standards.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding assigned sales goal.
- Presents approved disease state and product information to customers, utilizing persuasive selling skills -- all within the boundaries of Pharmacyclics’s Promotional Policy.
- Leverages sales analytics and customer intelligence to create high-impact, strategic plans that align with our brand objectives.
- Execute sales and marketing strategies within the territory, leveraging our cross functional partners and all approved resources.
- Continuously build knowledge of an evolving marketplace, territory changes, and disease state knowledge & product expertise.
- Collaborate effectively with a territory partner and a JBI counterpart(s).
- Develop and execute a call plan that achieves set call metrics and optimizes coverage and frequency to key customers to maximize sales opportunities.
- Complies with all laws, regulations, and policies that govern the conduct of Pharmacyclics activities.
- 2+ years Hematology/Oncology sales experience.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales expectations.
- Exceptional ability to communicate clearly and effectively; using a consultative selling style that helps customers find solutions to their needs.
- Competitive selling skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within in a highly collaborative, team environment.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- In addition to passing Pharmacyclics’s background check, the employee must submit to and pass additional background screening as required by some institutions and health facility sales accounts (additional screening requests may include but are not limited to background checks, immunization, TB, HIV, hepatitis, and drug screening)
- Business travel, by air or car, is regularly required
- Bachelors Degree