A Group Sales Manager for the Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Centre represents the hotel in the development of market segment(s) and new customer relationships while maintaining existing relationships with assigned accounts and consistently striving to maximize revenue in rooms, public space, food and beverage and ancillary products and services.
What will I be doing?
A Group Sales Manager for the Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Centre is responsible to develop and foster business through pro-active direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, appointment calls and tours of the hotel and develops strategic action plans for the hotel to drive measurable, incremental sales revenue. A Group Sales Manager identifies areas of opportunity in performance and recommends tools and sales training to optimize performance of the sales team. Additionally works with individual hotel teams to identify skill development areas and properly deploy sales and marketing resources.
- Responsible for Corporate and Group Room Sales for the hotel.
- Has clear understanding of the hotel’s business strategies then set goals and to determine action plans to meet those goals.
- Updates action plans and financial objectives quarterly.
- Identifies new markets and business opportunities and increase sales.
- Represents the Hotel in various events and exhibition.
- Implements all sales action plans related to my market areas as outlined in the marketing plan.
- Conducts daily sales calls and arranges site inspection trips to hotel by corporate clients.
- Able to provide quick and timely responses, immediate communication to the properties, develop professional long term business relationships.
- Provides the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Able to support hotel’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Works closely with the Revenue Manager to ensure proposed rate negotiations meet the financial needs of the hotel.
- Develops strong relationships with on property front office team to ensure working in unity and always striving to achieve the same goals.
- Accompanies sales team on sales calls to potential clients to assist in development of the account and to access the effectiveness and sales skills of the sales person.
- Assesses additional training needs based on data gathered and interaction with sales team from property visits.
- Attending all department and hotel meetings as necessary.
- Targeting key accounts potential for the company.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
- Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Acquiring and developing new business accounts and preparing sales proposals for clients.
- Closely following up on all business leads within a 24 hour response time line to clients.
What are we looking for?
A Group Sales Manager for the Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Centre is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the below skills and characteristics:
- Knowledge of the Groups, MICE and leisure segment.
- Previous experience in Group Sales withing the hotel industry preferably in Dubai.
- Positive attitude and very good communication skills.
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Excellent grooming standards.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative.
- Experience in a sales role with a proven track record to close a sale.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience within the luxury hospitality.
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives.
- Degree in a relevant field.
- Arabic speaking skills is in an advantage
- Previous expierience in GCC is recommended
What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience. If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!