Hourly rate: £12/hour
The DoubleTree Docklands is located in a 17th-century building once housed London's last dry shipbuilding dock. With this unique mixture of old heritage and modern service, this 378 room hotel offers an exceptional family-like experience for its guests and employees. With the Jubilee and Overground-connected bus route C10 in the front, and a free ferry service to Canary Wharf, the property can be reached easily from both the north and south half of London.
With its various set of outlets and diversified range of guests, the DT Docklands offers an excellent opportunity for every team member from entry to a higher level to start or build an outstanding career in the field of hospitality.
A Front Office Supervisor supervises the activities manages at the hotel front desk, including check-in/check-out, Guest requests, concierge services and promotion of in-house activities.
What will I be doing?
- Supervise Front Office operations during your assigned shift to a consistently high standard
- Ensure your shift team have an current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and special promotional offers, as well as daily VIP and special events
- Advise your shift team of any special events or VIP Guests in the hotel that day
- Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of Team Members with an emphasis on training and team work
- Maximize sales revenues through up-selling and marketing program
- Manage Guest requests, inquiries, and complaints promptly and completely
- Maintain the professional appearance of the Front Office with a focus on hospitality and Guest service
What are we looking for?
- Front Office experience in the hotel, leisure, and/or retail sector
- Strong commercial/business awareness and demonstration of sales capabilities
- Calm, organized work ethic with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent supervisory, inter-personal, and communication skills
- A passion for delivering exceptional levels of Guest service
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- A relevant supervisory/management certificate/diploma or degree
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!