Job title: Food and Beverage Assistant
Postcode: W11 4UL
Salary (+ service charge if applicable): £11 + service charge & gratuities (around £350 monthly)
Estimated Start Date:
We Are Hilton, We Are Hospitality!!!
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Come and join the UK’s best Workplace in 2021!
Hilton London Kensington is situated in the elegant Holland Park district. It features an impressive 601 rooms, each of the rooms is light and modern, with a private bathroom with free toiletries, a coffee maker, flat-screen TVs.
This Hilton property offers a total of 674 sqm of event space, over 10 large meeting and events rooms.
The WestEleven Restaurant serves a breakfast buffet every morning. The stylish Avenue Bar & Lounge is set within the lobby and offers an á la carte menu, a wide selection of wine and cocktails.
We are currently looking for a Food and Beverage Assistant to join our amazing F&B team in this fantastic property.
Working at Hilton Hotels you will benefit from:
Free meals on duty
Travel and food discounts: - 30 hotel nights from £35 per night plus 50% off F&B (subject to individual outlets)
Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
Discounted dental and health cover
High street discounts: with Perks at Work
Grow your career: access to a network of 6500+ hotels across 100+ countries (subject to local right to work rules)
Personal Development: programmes designed to support your career
A Food and Beverage Assistant is responsible for working in all areas of Food and Beverage as needed to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while working to achieve departmental targets.
What will I be doing?
As a Food and Beverage Assistant, you are responsible for working in all areas of Food and Beverage as needed to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Food and Beverage Assistant will also be required to take and deliver customer orders and work to achieve departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Able to work in all areas of Food and Beverage including Bar, Restaurant, Room Service and Conference and Events
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Take and deliver customer orders, consistently demonstrating high levels of customer service
- Prepare set ups for tables and/or rooms
- Follow cash handling procedures
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Up-sell with latest departmental incentives
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Strive to achieve departmental targets
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Comply with local licensing laws
- Be environmentally aware
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
A Food and Beverage Assistant serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous Food and Beverage and/or industry experience
- Experience with cash handling
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!