About the Job
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Ensures all trailers and yard tractors are in working order and are compliant to federal standards.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Diagnose and repair truck, trailer components such as doors, floors, side panels, electrical and air brake systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance (PMs) on tractor and trailer equipment including routine technical repairs and completing repair orders.
- Perform maintenance repairs as required to maximize safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, lift-gates, and any company-owned equipment.
- Abide by all Company policies and safety rules and assist in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Assist drivers with addressing outstanding vehicle issues.
- Maintains repairs for class 8 trucks, trailers and yard tractors.
- Safely operates gauges, forklifts, shunt truck, torches, grinders, and various hand and power tools.
- Performs DOT inspections and compliancy
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to work unsupervised, make decisions as needed
- Effective communicator and team player
- Heavy diesel truck and trailer mechanic skill
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Experience working with air brake, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Prior welding and fabrication experience preferred.
- Tire repair experience (repair, mounting, dismounting) preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Conducts some repairs in odd positions and/or confined or close spaces
- Work is performed under changing climatic conditions of extreme heat and cold
- Walking long distances; sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Bending, stooping, squatting, or kneeling on a repetitious basis
- Fast-paced environment
- Exposure to noise and heat.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.