SEEKING TOP TALENT TO CONNECT WITH OUR ICONIC BRAND
-Relocation Support Available-
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most legendary brands in the world today. With a history that spans back to 1837, Tiffany & Co is a jeweler and specialty retailer, whose merchandise offerings include an extensive selection of jewelry, as well as timepieces, sterling silverware, china, crystal, stationery, fragrances and accessories. Tiffany & Co. operates a manufacturing facility in Cumberland, RI where jewelry products unique to our company are crafted by a diverse workforce.
Tiffany offers our employees the resources they need to be successful in an environment that recognizes and rewards creativity, innovation and dedication. We take great pride in helping each of our employees design an exciting future within our enduring tradition of excellence. At Tiffany & Co. an inspired career is life’s best accessory.
The Fine Jewelry Setter will produce precious jewelry with intermediate to advanced degree of complexity using materials and instructions supplied by Tiffany & Co. to meet Quality standards within prescribed production times. Perform duties associated with the manufacture of rings and other precious jewelry primarily working on different types of stone setting techniques using diamonds and colored precious stones.
- Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work procedures for position, as well as all safety procedures required at your worksite.
- Promptly report all incidents and safety issues to your supervisor/manager.
- Must demonstrate the skill to set diamonds and colored precious stones according to Tiffany & Co.’s quality standards, including, but not limited to, setting pieces evenly on plane (in cases of multiple stones); taking proper care as not to damage stones.
- Perform setting process; deliver clean work in a timely manner, in keeping with the department’s efficiencies.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- Maintain 5S housekeeping programs.
- 2+ years’ experience in the areas required: Pave, prong setting and burnishing or has demonstrated the ability and skillset of a Setter II
- Experience in the following areas: Platinum, 18K Gold, color stones, and fancy cut shaped stones
- Understanding of following tools: burrs, gravers, burnishers and other jewelry related tools
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills and resolutions
- Ability to adapt to change for the needs of the company; flexibility is important
- Ability to work in a high volume fast paced work atmosphere
- Ability to work overtime and weekend overtime as business needs arises
- Must understand company safety: wear safety glasses; utilize Plexiglas shield when setting, grinding or sharpening tools and proper procedure when handling chemicals when boiling out work
- Must be able to communicate effectively and understand English language
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- GIA Certification