NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Faculty Group Practice Secretary I-Intake/Scheduler **Park Slope/ Pediatrics**.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing general/standard clerical functions (filing, sorting mail , answering telephone, photocopying, etc) and other office related procedures for a department or unit. Solves routine problems to complete a specific task, application of narrow, routine and standard office methods. May greets and assists visitors as needed.
- Clerical Support - Performs a variety of general clerical functions under direct supervision. Files, performs data entry, types, fax, prepares routine forms, performs simple tabulations, reviews forms for accuracy and completeness, photocopy and assembles materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Word Processing/Typing - Prepares simple memoranda, letters, labels; routine manuscripts, correspondence and other documents. Performs data entry, simple tabulations for report development. Reviews work for accuracy and completeness.
- Reception/Public Contact - Provides back up support for reception area as needed. Refers non-routine calls, issues, and questions not covered by specific instructions to supervisor. Provides routine information, greet visitors, answer inquiries and give standard answers to the inquiry by phone or in person. Takes detail messages and routes to appropriate party.
- Filing - Sorts, matches, and files data in alpha, numeric sequence or subject order as needed according to specific instructions. Maintains records and logs of office filing and storage system to ensure retrieval of material from files upon request and keeps records of the movement of file materials.
- Mail Distribution Receives, sorts and performs simple screening of mail and send out dated materials and other documentation according to predetermined instructions. Opens, sorts, routes and distributes mail to the appropriate party.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or the equivalent. No previous work experience required. Effective oral, written, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills. Knowledge of general /standard clerical office practices. Ability to use standard office equipment including a copy machine, multi-line telephone, fax machine, ect. Basic computer skills using Microsoft applications - Ability to type, straight data entry and manipulate the Web (internet/intranet) to obtain information. Ability to listen and follow both oral and written instructions. Instructions are provided as guidelines; anything not covered by the specific guidelines is referred to the supervisor. Ability to multitask, pay attention to details, follow assignments through completion.
Preferred Qualifications:One year of work experience, preferably in an office or related setting preferred or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.