Experience Designer Lead - Online Banking
About the Job
Position OverviewWe are looking for an Experience Designer Lead to join PNC Bank and our Online Banking team. At PNC, you’ll build digital solutions that help people achieve their financial goals so they can focus on everything else life brings. You'll be a key player in shaping product design and strategy by collaborating with experience designers, agile development teams, and core product team members. You’ll use a strong, critical voice to deliver engaging, consistent, and accessible experiences to our audiences.
As a lead designer on the Online Banking team, you’ll be aligned with product and development crews in an agile framework to create and enhance our customer experiences. Working across multiple projects, you’ll also act as a mentor and guide to the team to align across products and channels. Transparency, high engagement, and collaboration are important dynamics you’ll be expected to bring to the team.
You’ll focus on experiences such as:
• Transferring money and paying bills
• Servicing your account and getting help
• Managing your personal profile information
• Enrolling and signing on
In this role, you will:
• Apply your UI and UX skills to an established product
• Define problems and goals, map user flows, and prototype interactions
• Design frameworks, systems, and components that aim to deliver consistent UX across a range of user touchpoints
• Conduct user observation, research, and analysis to understand the challenges of your users
• Use quantitative and qualitative data to inform your designs
• Facilitate brainstorming and design sessions internally and externally
• Work closely with front-end developers and project managers to ensure design specifications are implemented
We think you could be successful if you:
• Are a natural collaborator and an excellent communicator, able to present design ideas and explain your thought process in a large team environment
• Advocate for users and inspire a culture of design thinking
• Can handle the details for multiple projects and deadlines
• Believe iteration is the best path to improvement and can adapt quickly to change
• Take initiative and act on opportunities for improvement
• Seek to learn from your team
• A bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience in design
• An online portfolio that demonstrates strong experience in creating end-to-end solutions through ideation, user research, wireframing, and design iteration
- Transforms complex tasks into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs through the entire experience lifecycle, from the first-time user to the expert.
- Leads and guides the discovery of customer and business needs through contextual inquiries, generative and quantitative research. Uncovers customer latent needs and creates vision to meet those needs.
- Sets the design direction and strategy. Leads others to execute visual, information, interaction and service design elements of the initiative that meets business and customer needs and delights customers. Communicates the initiative and product to others, including senior management, through user journeys, storyboards, prototypes, wireframes and other materials.
- Sets the direction for usability of new and existing products, makes adjustments to align with shifting customer expectations.
- Establish research methods and strategies, conduct studies, and present findings that will inform improvements in the customer experience.
- Coaches and mentors junior staff; Assists management team in training new staff.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesBusiness Analytics – Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.Creativity – Knowledge of the approaches, tools, and techniques for promoting creative, original thinking and ability to apply it to a variety of business situations.Design Thinking – Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and processes of design thinking; ability to utilize the knowledge in designing new products and services and even improving organizational operation.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Graphic Visualization – Knowledge of visualization tools and techniques and ability to create visual images of ideas, concepts and physical objects to communicate abstract or concrete messages to a target audience.Group Facilitation – Ability to design and facilitate a group process, elicit contributions from group members, stimulate a focused group discussion, and achieve a desired outcome.Product Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of and the ability to develop products and bring them into the marketplace.Requirements Analysis – Knowledge of methods and techniques to elicit, analyze and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements; ability to analyze these requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project.Solutions Development – Knowledge of and the ability to assess customer needs and provide solutions for them.User Experience Design – Knowledge of user experience design tools, techniques and approaches; ability to design applications that are valued, positively perceived and used by clients.User Interface Design – Knowledge of activities, practices, deliverables and considerations; ability to design effective graphic user interfaces for delivery of information to the client's desktop workstation.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.