EMEA SE Strategy & Programs Manager
About the Job
EMEA SE Strategy and Programs Manager
EMEA Applications is undergoing a major business transformation and the Solution Engineering (SE) function evolves to meet the needs of the new SaaS sales processes. This is an exciting role within the central Strategy and Program team for EMEA Applications SE and the chance to make a real difference to the strategic direction of the organisation. The SE Startegy and Programs team supports the EMEA wide organisation of solutions engineers and managers with a central programs and strategy function focused on leading this transformation with initiatives to increase the win rate and business impact.
The Strategy and Programs Manager position is a strategic and facilitative role that requires the Strategy and Programs Manager to be part analyst and decision framer, part counselor and resource and part project manager and change agent. The position requires a combination of focus and agility, as well as a willingness to play an active, behind-the-scenes role to ensure the organization stays ahead of the curve. The role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation and strong analytical skills.
This position demands significant cross-group coordination, and excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to drive collaborative discussions with key stakeholders. You’ll develop and foster effective cross-functional relationships and successfully plan and execute changes across the EMEA Applications Client Engagement organisations. You will bring strong Program and Project Management skills, be interested in, and able to understand and develop support strategies along with the ability to focus at a detailed level on multiple tasks, simultaneously.
You will need to be energetic, a strategic thinker and a self-starter. You will need an aptitude for seeking creative solutions to multifaceted problems and must have a strong attention to detail. The successful candidate must have a demonstrated ability to work with and influence managers and individual contributors to achieve consensus and drive the planning of actions/deliverables.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Implement best practice program management approaches
• Collaborate with colleagues across the to ensure timely and efficient delivery of change
• Design and lead transformation initiatives as determined together with the Client Engagement Leadership team
• Demonstrate strategic thinking (long term, preventative risk mitigation) and orchestration of complex projects
• Drive strategy and influence senior leaders
• Demonstrate thought leadership, driving change for improvement
• Display strong organizational, cross group collaboration, project management, time management and negotiation skills
• Prove ability to design and balance strategic priorities against tactical needs
• Drive strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution
• Ensures timely and effective completion of projects and initiatives by pulling together and managing project teams that require input from multiple areas within the company
• Assist and communicate with leadership team in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation
• Review, design, and support roll out of on improvement programs
• Propose improvements for current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
• Act as a trusted Business Advisor, providing essential business support as well as acting as a sounding board for other key business issues of concern to Client Engagement
• Provide decision support through data gathering, information analyzing, and presenting considerations to relevant stakeholders
• Excellent planning and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self motivated and able to work under pressure
• Ability to lead with infuelnce and solve complex problems
• High level of energy, enthusiasm and passion for change
• Inherently curious, creative and innovative
• Degree in business administration, computer science or related field
• 5+ years relevant work experience including project/program management experience or with management consulting firm with a strategy and/or technology focus
• PMP and/or Six Sigma is a plus
As a Master Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Acts as a leader of large-scale company initiatives. Viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key business partner. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).