Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels. We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
Our Dallas office is looking to add a Senior Electrical Engineer to our multi-disciplinary team. At Arup we use the latest design technologies and analytic methods to deliver projects which make a real impact. Sustainability, carbon reduction, and resilience are at the core of what we do. We are looking for a skilled Electrical Engineer who is looking to provide designs for a wide range of projects including labs, higher education, commercial, healthcare, and distributed energy systems.
- Design electrical systems for commercial building projects, including power systems, lighting, and fire alarm
- Gain experience working on diverse projects across all of our major business sectors including property, healthcare, science and industry, and energy
- Perform electrical load calculations and circuiting of equipment
- Perform photometric calculations for lighting systems and associated controls
- Support construction administration, by reviewing submittals and answering RFIs
- Work within a team structure
- Work in conjunction with lead engineers and project managers to deliver quality work within commercial metrics
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines
- Manage time and prioritization of tasks on a daily basis
- Communicate clearly with team members via calls, meetings, and emails
- Learn and apply best practices in the discipline
- Participate in local industry Professional Associations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Architectural Engineering
- 4 to 5 or more years of experience designing electrical systems for buildings
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to prioritize effectively and balance assigned work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for team-based working
- Experience with 3D BIM software - Revit MEP
- FE exam completion
- LEED Accreditation
- Experience with AGi32 Lighting Software
- Experience with power systems analysis software (SKM, ETAP, Easypower)
- Experience with design and analysis of renewable and distributed energy systems
Benefits that Work - At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our 401(k) plan with up to 10% company match to help you save for your future.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement - Arup requires all new employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Arup is an equal opportunity employer and consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to Arup.
Flexible Working - We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.
Arup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of national origin, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.