Cook - Immediate Opening
About the Job
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in your community that allows you to build relationships and make a difference?
Our GracePointe Crossing community is seeking a Part -Time Cook/Server to join their team. This position would be cooking every other weekend with Server shifts during the week.
If you are looking for a consistent schedule with reliable hours, and want to serve others, apply with us to learn more! Full time schedules have great benefit options and usually include 8 hour shifts. These positions include working every other weekend and scheduled holidays
At the heart of GracePointe Crossing is a community of employees who are committed to high quality service as a ministry of compassion and fellowship. Conveniently located near downtown Cambridge for an easy commute.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as:
- Off-street parking
- Monthly employee appreciation events
- Gift shop
This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care, Care Center/Long Term Care, Long Term Care with Memory Care, Transitional Care/Rehab
This location is close to the following cities: Dalbo, North Branch, Stanchfield, Mora, St. Francis, Isanti, Bethel, Princeton, Harris, Rush City and Braham
Our Response to COVID-19:
The safety of our staff and the residents is our #1 priority. We have taken great measures to do our part in stopping the spread of Covid-19.
- Vaccine - We encourage vaccination to protect each other; vaccination is free and encouraged but not mandated.
- Clean Air - New bipolar ionization technology safely cleans the air inside all of our buildings without the use of chemicals or unwanted byproducts.
- Physical Distancing & Masks - Spacious environments along with protocols around mask wearing and proper physical distancing enable community amenities and fellowship.
- Cleaning & Disinfection - Electrostatic sprayers, hand washing stations and/or hand sanitizer dispensers are at all entrances.
- Private Rooms - As a commitment to our superior resident experience, we offer over 95% private rooms in our care settings.
The Cook is responsible for creating high quality meals and dining experience for customers by preparing and serving attractive, nutritious and palatable meals consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices.
- Must possess a high school or equivalent education.
Knowledge of State and Federal food-handling regulations, including food service operations strongly desired.
- Demonstrated compatibility PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Rated #1 employer in Minnesota by Forbes!
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. Over 7,000 employees serve 27,000 older adults through 50 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. PHS is also co-owner of Genevive, a progressive model of primary care, care navigation and value-based services for over 5,300 older adults in Minnesota. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.