Conference Service Team Member
About the Job
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our “Be the Difference” culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?We are looking for a highly motivated Conference Services Attendant to join our team! This individual will help to direct the set up and preparation of conference rooms for event functions, as well as clear and tear down the rooms at the end of the function.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
If you have experience with setting up banquet events, enjoy making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class property!
- Assemble and arrange conference equipment in conference rooms per event order and to the standard set by Conference Services management.
- Daily thorough cleaning of classrooms, ballrooms and team rooms following proper cleaning standards including the removal of trash from meeting spaces and the restocking of meeting room supplies.
- Refreshes meeting rooms during meal and coffee breaks
- Completes special projects as directed by department management.
- Moves convention material boxes, programs, etc. from hotel receiving docks, registration areas, guest rooms or suites
- Bus tables and re-set them as needed
- Resolve guests’ issues and create an amazing experience
- Communicate and maintain a positive relationship with culinary and stewarding staff
- Maintain an awareness of all functions, events and meetings taking place at any given time
What are we looking for?
- Someone who is at least 18 years of age
- Someone who can accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Someone who is highly detailed orientated
- Someone comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Someone with excellent communication skills
- Someone who thrives in working in a teamwork environment
- Someone with a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Someone who is a problem solver
- Someone with a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Someone who is comfortable with being on their feet throughout the shift, with intermittent periods of walking and stair climbing.
- Someone who is comfortable with being able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 lbs. at shoulder height and frequently lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Someone who can bend, squat, push and pull frequently