Conference and Banqueting Team Leader
Do you want to work for the UK’s #1 Great Places to Work 2020?*
This isn’t just a job, it’s the beginning of a career with amazing opportunities worldwide.
No experience is necessary, but a positive attitude is key!
Salary - £18.00* hourly average
*This hourly rate is based on a base salary of £11.50 plus a qualified estimate of service charge and gratuities paid monthly in arrears.
- Free meals on duty
- Travel and food discounts: - Discounted hotel stays plus 50% off F&B (subject to individual outlets)
- Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- Pension scheme
- Discounted dental and health cover
- High street discounts: with Perks at Work
- Grow your career: access to a network of 6500+ hotels across 100+ countries (subject to local right to work rules)
- Personal Development: programmes designed to support your career
WHAT’S THE JOB?
- Communicate clearly with the departmental leadership team – both ways.
- Ensure all departmental requisitions are executed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain appropriate par stock levels (relevant to consumption levels).
- Ensure that all prescribed and designed processes, systems and standards are maintained.
- Effectively manages smaller teams within the operation.
- Ensure all receiving and primary store areas are maintained secure, clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- Manage the “waste” program in line with the agreed local operating procedures ‐
Always working to reduce environmental impact.
- Present yourself in a professional manner and acknowledge clients and guests with a positive approach at every point of contact.
- Report any suspicions / identified system or physical store breaches to the C&B Director / F&B Director.
- Be an example for the team to follow. Communicate clearly with the team and provide feedback to team members.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience in Food and Beverage team leader or similar roles.
- Experience in delivering on the job training, coaching and performance management.
- Basic Food Hygiene.
- In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom.
- Documentation is required at interview stage (for EU Nationals share code requested to check EU Settled/Pre-Settled status)