Join the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a renowned property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in The Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
The Banqueting Department of Hilton Amsterdam has the expertise and range of venues to bring every event to life, from a small business meeting to a big wedding or reception. Hilton Amsterdam offers 21 versatile boardrooms and meeting rooms, among which a spacious Ballroom which can accommodate up to 500 guests and offers a perfect venue for conferences and banquets.
We are looking for an experienced Conference & Events Supervisor who is enthusiastic, flexible and has a professional and caring attitude towards guests and colleagues alike. You have a commitment to delivering exceptional levels of service to our guests and bring your passion and energy to our banqueting team. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Be the operational point of contact for event organizers and meeting planners
- Supervise all phases of different banqueting functions in coordination with other departments
- Oversee banqueting events and ensure that banqueting team members follow all service standards and departmental policies
- Be familiar with all current and upcoming event details
- Resolve team member and guest concerns quickly and efficiently
- Ensure compliance of Hilton brand standards
- Maintain exceptional levels of service with a continuous focus on improvements
- Anticipate guests’ needs by constantly evaluating the environment and guests for cues
- Discover sales opportunities and keep a tight cost control. Able to identify any areas for action and to achieve the set financial goals
- Communicate and delegate tasks to the team to ensure a smooth running of each shift
- Assist with training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving encouraging coaching as needed
- Develop positive relationships with team members by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislations
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
Required skills and competencies
If you have a passion for hospitality with a drive and ambition to deliver only the best results, then we may be the place for you! Our ideal candidate has the following attitude and skills:
- Minimum 1 year experience in a supervisory role in a banqueting department
- Outstanding organizational, planning and communication skills
- You are committed to delivering high levels of guest service
- You act with integrity and honesty to support the culture, values and mission of Hilton
- You have a creative and innovative approach to your work
- Excellent communication skills required in English and Dutch
- Good computer skills and experience with hotel systems
- You are available both during the week and the weekend for early and late shifts
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
Have we sparked your interest? Don’t hesitate, apply now and become part of the Hilton family!