Job Title: Conference and Events Assistant
Postcode: CB2 3DT
Salary (+ service charge if applicable): £10.50
We are Hilton, We are Hospitality!!
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Come and join the UK’s best Workplace in 2021!
Hilton Cambridge City Centre is superbly located at the heart of Cambridge City. This modern hotel is a 5 minutes’ walk from King's College, Cambridge Corn Exchange, many attractions and the central bus and train stations.
The property features 198 stylish, contemporary and air-conditioned rooms and suites along with 5 events rooms for a total of 501sqm of total event space. Guests may also benefit from on-site valet car parking, the exclusive Hilton Honors Executive Lounge and the LivingWell Fitness gym.
In our dining area we serve a varied British and international food menu.an extensive breakfast buffet and in the evening our Bull & Bass restaurant offers a surf & turf inspired menu created by our Head chef. The Lounge Bar offers an extensive wine, spirit and cocktail menu as well as Afternoon Tea.
We are currently looking for a Conference and Events Assistant to join our amazing team in this fantastic property.
Working at Hilton Hotels you will benefit from:
- Free meals on duty
- Travel and food discounts: - staff rate hotel nights plus 50% off F&B when staying over (subject to individual outlets)
- Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- Pension scheme
- Discounted dental and health cover
- High street discounts: with Perks at Work
- Free uniform
- Secure undercover bicycle store
- Access to the hotel gym during non-peak times
- Grow your career: access to a network of 6500+ hotels across 100+ countries (subject to local right to work rules)
- Personal Development: programmes designed to support your career with Hilton University
What will I be doing?
As a Conference and Events Assistant, you are responsible for assisting with set-ups and seating as well as managing queries to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Conference and Events Assistant will also be required to contribute to reaching departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Coordinate seating for customers
- Up-sell with latest departmental incentives
- Manage Conference and Banquet set-ups
- Ensure guests are billed accurately
- Follow cash handling procedures
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Comply with company brand standards
- Strive to achieve departmental targets as part of the team
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Comply with local licensing laws
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Conference and Events Assistant serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Food and Beverage and/or industry experience
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!