What will I be doing?
As a Complex Events Manager, you would be responsible for executing written sales agreements for moderately-sized and moderately-complex events and for the successful execution of such events in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. This position would focus heavily on the Social/Wedding market!
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Execute written sales agreements for moderately-sized and moderately complex weddings and social events
- Provide support to Catering Managers and Director of Catering & Events in planning and on-site execution of contracted events.
- Initiate verbal and written communication with customers and hotel departments outlining details and specifics of the event including, but not limited to, payment structure, food and beverage, public room rental, incremental and affiliate revenue streams, performance damages and master billing process
- Prepare event estimate and partner with AR on payment collection
- Schedule tasting for the clients and coordinate with culinary, banquets and catering managers
- Audits customer checks and department charges and files to ensure accuracy
- Supervises staff in creation and distribution of accurate written materials
- Ensures that contracts, menus, letters and reports are completed according to Hilton standards and policies
- Maintain relationships among the customers, their representatives and the hotel to ensure full participation in servicing accounts
- Partner with operations departments to execute events
- Maximize revenues and control expenses through effective negotiation of services and accurate forecasting
- Respond to guest inquiries and special requests and resolve issues and concerns in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Train team members
- Directly assists customers as necessary, which may require moving of up to 20lb
If you understand the value of providing guests with an exceptional environment and personalized attention, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
H Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
I Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
L Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
T Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
O Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
N Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
- Living the Values
- Customer Focus
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending upon eligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwide's Health & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-time team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.
Here are some perks you can enjoy when joining our team
•Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
•Career growth & development
•The Go Hilton travel discount program
•Competitive wellness benefits
•Team Member Resource Groups
•Recognition and rewards programs