BayCare is currently in search of our newest Team Member who is passionate about providing outstanding customer service to our community. We are looking for a Cancer Registrar who is seeking a career opportunity with one of the largest employers within the Tampa Bay area.
The Cancer Registrar responsibilities:
• Analyzes, abstracts, and codes demographic, patient and cancer related information, treatment and staging from the medical records on all cancer cases seen and or diagnoses at designated facility
• Identifies eligibility of cancer patients in the registry
• Obtains interesting cases from medical staff and pathologists
• Prepares agenda for conference and assures that pathology and radiology material for conferences is available
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Time management skills
• Computer skills appropriate to position
• Read, analyze, and interpret complex documents
• Collect, analyze and organize data in appropriate report formats
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Customer service skills
• Organizational skills
• Critical thinking skills
Our network consists of 15 community-based hospitals, a long-term acute care facility, home health services, outpatient centers and thousands of physicians. With the support of more than 30,000 team members, we promote a forward-thinking philosophy that’s built on a foundation of trust, dignity, respect, responsibility and clinical excellence. Our team members focus on tomorrow by achieving personal and professional success today.
• Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision)
• Paid time off
• Tuition reimbursement
• 401k match and additional yearly contribution
• Yearly performance appraisals and team award bonus
• Community discounts and more
• AND the Chance to be part of an amazing team and a great place to work!
Certifications and Licensures:
• CTR (Cancer Tumor Registrar)
• High School or Equivalent
• Preferred Associate's
• 2 years Cancer Services
• 2 years Registration
• Or 1 year relevant experience with Associate's degree