Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
We are currently recruiting for a
Business Development Manager (m/f/d) Rapid DNA Platform
Location: Remote EMEA region / Home-Office based
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Build specific regional strategy for market penetration and channel strategy
- Build funnel of opportunities and deliver on revenue plans and forecast
- Build specific country/account strategies to grow rapid portfolio
- Work closely with Thermo Fisher Governmental Relationships and Public Relationships teams to promote rapid technologies and build plan around legislation expansion/acceptance of rapid
- Keep close personal contact to appropriate levels of HID rapid DNA Accounts, investigate their business needs and serve as main contact for entire organization with focus on law enforcement and security/military segments
- Gathers, analyzes and delivers information from the field to allow the company to develop strategies and products appropriated to the Rapid DNA market
- Interacts with executives, major customers, and other senior management to establish strategic plans and objectives that have a large impact on the company.
- Collaborates with HID core team as well as product managers, R&D and marketing on building comprehensive forensic rapid DNA strategy.
- Works along-side EMEA HID Account Managers to help manage HID Core Accounts with focus on Rapid DNA applications
- Demonstrates/practices strategic selling excellence
- Provide accurate forecast and lost order reporting as well as competitive information
- Ensures that all necessary resources needed are used efficiently and effectively in order to increase business
- Co-ordinate all issues with key clients between sales, service, support, customer services, marketing and finance
- Develop Rapid DNA channel partners network
- Extensive travelling across EMEA (and sometimes even wider) is required
Key to Success:
- Several years of sales experience dealing with governmental accounts, and more than 5 years’ experience in managing channel partners
- Experience in forensic market and in a highly technical environment is mandatory
- Min. Bachelor or Master in a biology or science related area
- Demonstrated superior problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including training and presentation skills
- Ability to direct activities of others to accomplish goals while maintaining ‘big-picture’ overview
- Significant experience of relevant business/corporate development experience
- Scientific or strategic marketing background and business development experience required
- Excellent ability to evaluate and solve complex problems and the strategic implications of different business approaches
- Proven ability to direct high level negotiations
- Experience in tender preparation/management
- Desirable: knowledge of law enforcement and security/Military markets
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous material
- Ability to work in an office and lab environment
- Frequent travel required. (Up to 75%)
What we Offer:
- Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organisation
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Company pension scheme and other fringe benefits
- Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation
If you are interested, please apply online with your CV in English, including possible start date and salary expectations.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission.
#StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.